[p2p-research] facebook and organizing, for and against

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 06:50:57 CEST 2010

I agree it is a paradox that the digital world actually increases the
dangers of memory loss ... it's a big issue I follow tangentially as a
former librarian ...

I have developed a reading method, blogs for current affairs, essay for
mid-tern, and books for long-term, so as not to get absorbed in real time
attention deficit, which is seems to me, is the major epistemological
disease of our time ...

it was prevalent in business, but now has infected all of us through social
networks ... without counter-measures to restore some historical
consciousness, I believe this can have very negative effects ..