[p2p-research] The Advantages of Debt

Patrick Anderson agnucius at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 00:27:07 CEST 2010

Another great thing about debt is how it takes control of the supply
out of the hands of our untrustworthy governments to places into the
hands of the noble bankers who skillfully contract the supply of money
on occasion to keep inflation under control.

Sure these contractions have caused hard times (some might call them
depressions), but these are the sort of firm handed actions we need to
keep overissuance in check so our economy can then rebound even better
than before.

As the London Times stated in 1865 after President Lincoln recklessly
began issuing debt free money:

    "If that mischievous financial policy which had its origin in the
North American Republic during the late war in that country, should
become indurated down to a fixture, then that Government will furnish
its own money without cost. It will pay off its debts and be without
debt. It will become prosperous beyond precedent in the history of the
civilized governments of the world. The brains and wealth of all
countries will go to North America."

Clearly it would be a disaster for all other countries that continue
to rent money from the great and mighty, the all-powerful - even
godlike masters of our destiny, the international banksters.