[p2p-research] more problems with the wiki ...

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 16:28:22 CEST 2010

I don't necessarily think it clouds the issue to adhere to some basic
principles:

- do not edit the wiki in such a way that you impede the freedom of others

- do  not create additional technical barriers to participation and do not
require participants to read manuals in order to be able to cooperate

- honour the distinctions between code and text, and the nuances between
different concepts

- in case someone has problems with some problematic edits, do not tell them
to read the f ..ing manual, but be friendly and responsive

In this particular context, I have no problems whatsoever with the creation
of a second layer of the wiki with positivist and experimental content, BUT
I do not want this new layer to expel and replace the four years of work
that have gone in the creation of the first empirical/emergent and
conceptual layer ...

When I point out some issues when both layers are in conflict, because the
second intends to take away the freedom to continue to develop the first,  I
do not appreciate defensive and dismissive responses that amount to a "go
f.. yourself, I'm the boss now". I want a little respect for the elders who
have done an enormous amount of work to make this happen, and do not
appreciate an authoritarian barging in ..

I"m at p2pfound1 in Skype, but mostly unavailable on sundays ...