[p2p-research] What is the Origin of our Money Supply?

Patrick Anderson agnucius at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 23:54:13 CEST 2010

To show this question has some validity, here are quotes from easily
recognized sources about the strange situation we find ourselves -
where most nations are under crippling debt for no understandable
reason.

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue
of currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and
corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of
all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent
their fathers conquered." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who writes it's
laws..." -- Meyer Armschel Rothschild 1790

"If you want to be the slaves of banks and pay the cost of your own
slavery, then let the banks create money..." -- Josiah Stamp, Governor
of the Bank of England 1920

"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute
master of all industry and commerce." -- President James A. Garfield

"If our Nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill.
The element that makes the bond good also makes the bill good. The
difference between the bond and the bill lets money brokers [bankers]
collect twice the amount of the bond plus interest. Whereas the bill
[currency] pays nobody but those who contribute directly in some
useful way. The People are the basis for government credit. Why then
cannot the People have the benefit of their own credit by receiving
non-interest bearing currency, instead of bankers receiving the
People's credit in interest bearing bonds? It is absurd to say that
our country can issue 30 million dollars in bonds and not 30 billion
dollars in currency! Both are promises to pay; but one promise fattens
the usurers and the other helps the People!" -- Thomas Edison