[p2p-research] P2P Foundation page Category:Commons has been changed by Mbauwens

Alex Rollin alex.rollin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 17:16:13 CEST 2010

They are not obligatory.  You can always undo them, but why?  The
product is better!  And you can organize it more easily.  The page is
easier to edit.  Layout.  Better.  And you can build all kind of
perspectives into the source content.

I think category pages are terrible places to write content.
Terrible.  Put it in the topic page.  If you get over 2 screens long,
break it up again into more page and specific topics.

The site already loads 200+ links for the main 15 category pages.  The
content haul on top of it keeps people from ever scrolling to the
bottom.

And the formatting is ugly.  It's Mediawiki.  They all look the same,
but the longer the page the more formatting there is.

No transclusion need be decontextualized.  Especially when you can
edit them yourself.  Which is easy.