[p2p-research] problems with the wiki

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 17:02:48 CEST 2010

we've been true this a few times Alex,

again, I appreciate your contributions, and you will have noticed that I
have tweeted and facebooked quite a few of them,

I also believe you when you say that you have done all those things, but
again, whenever I asked for examples, I NEVER got them, I find that odd, but
cannot imagine that you are inventing this, so, so be it, I'm assuming these
were secret projects for organisations that didn't like publicity

Indeed, I only run and sustain one community, imperfectly, and try to
maintain an ecology of content, imperfectly,

but from there to accept that all is a mess, and that we need an
authoritarian saviour who knows best, is for me a bridge to far, and this is
for me, what triggered this discussion ... it's probably an alpha male
thing, but as a non-alpha male, but with a strong sense of (co) -ownership
(probably not the right word ..) of the project, I feel very concerned ...

Undoubtedly you have your reasons to do what you do, but I personally would
find it wiser to put energy in things which the main users appreciate as
bonuses, rather than to increase the technical requirements necessary to add
and edit content ...

I just don't understand the "I know it better and here's how you gonna do
it, my way or the highway'  thing ...

Believe me, I don't derive any pleasure in getting worked up in the defense
of the status quo ante of free editing with only a minimal amount of tech
knowledge

Again, we use different vocabularies, imposing technical solutions without
prior discussion or consensus, is not collaboration in my book ...