[p2p-research] P2P Foundation page Category:Commons has been changed by Mbauwens

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 15:11:35 CEST 2010

hi patrick,

a wiki is not a codebase

as I tried to explain, text citations are contextual,

the same reference, to take the greyson example, is not important for the
same reason in the commons section than the policy section,

so the imposed transclusion had the following effect:

- it erased contextuality

- it changed the hierarchical status of the subheading, pushing content that
belong to an earlier subheading, down to a next subheading

- if forces me, instead of spending 3 seconds for a change, to study a
manual, then, to test how it works across different sections, and forces
uniformity where I want diversity

- even it is a feature, it should be optional, and certainly not in a plan
as proposed Alex Rollin, to mathematize the whole wiki ..

code is re-used, but almost all the content of the wiki is singular and not
re-used, making transclusion most of the time a waste of time ..

I'm not saying it can'be be useful sometimes and in some context, but why
impose it?