[p2p-research] problems with the wiki

Alex Rollin alex.rollin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 11:21:14 CEST 2010

Can you point to an example page, for each Michel?

If you are referring to the template I use on the Commons page then
you can read the instructions at
http://p2pfoundation.net/P2P_Foundation_Wiki_LST for editing them.
You will need to edit the intro on the linked page if that's where the
problem lies.

Though it may take a bit of reading and experimenting, it would be
poorer form to avoid this, I think, at this point.  The maintenance of
the long category pages is too difficult at this point to overlook
some systematic way of including content.  I have been in rather
constant communication with James Greyson regarding his posting on the
wiki, and was just reading another mail from him.  I instructed a new
user in the LST formatting yesterday.  It's possible and I think
preferrable to use this for 'traversal' pages like a category page.

On that note I created the p2p group on wiser earth, following James'
lead.  http://www.wiserearth.org/group/p2p

On this note: http://p2pfoundation.net/Government_Owned

Please see the talk page.  I advised Patrick on his work here,
already.  Feel free to leave your notes there as well.

This systematic fashion I reference applies to what Patrick is doing,
too.  He sees a need to collect these articles in one place for now,
even though the category system appropriate is rather complex.  He has
taken the liberty of creating a set of categories and pages that all
point to category:government owned.  This is useful because everything
ends up in one place and you can still add the subcategories.

You can still edit the redirect pages and take them out of the loop as
appropriate.  We'll all see the edits, too.  There is no prohibition
on that.  You just click on the one you want, then click on the link
next to 'redirected from' which will take you to the original.  You
can then remove the redirect and edit as needed.

When complex issues like this come up I just wonder if instead of
trying to roll-back, we could perhaps figure out ways to work together
with the solution or work on an alternative solution.

It could be that we are going in the wrong direction and instead need
to take the approach of general civic networks.  A project might say
it is citizen owned, but the peer relationship is a bit more
complicated since obviously not all citizens everywhere are members.
The nature, boundary, and quality of the agreement and relationship is
what is interesting.  Just a thought.

http://p2pfoundation.net/Government_Owned

Alex