[p2p-research] What comes next?

Ryan Lanham rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 22:41:34 CEST 2010

I agree past injustices suck.  So do today's injustices.  I want to help
people get what they want...things they value...which is growth.  I don't
know what else can lead to sustainable resolution.

The simple truth is that capitalism has succeeded for more people in a
broader way than anything else.  There's just no reasonable argument
contra.  Has it also destroyed people, created injustice, etc.  Of course it
has.  No reasonable person denies that.  The question is, do you throw the
baby out with the bathwater?

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 10:49 AM, j.martin.pedersen <
m.pedersen at lancaster.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 12/07/10 16:24, Daniel Araya wrote:
> >
> > 1. I believe free market capitalism has largely proved the happiest time
> for humans by far.
>
> Yeah, fuck the 16 million Africans that laid the foundation for it. They
> don't count. Fuck the commoners, whose livelihoods were destroyed.
> Nevermind them. Fuck the forests that were and still are cut down. Fuck
> the 90% of the Americas' population. Fuck the indigenous still suffering
> today, such as the Hoarani of whom 10% remain since oil - that liquid
> that fuel your illusions of happiness - was discovered in their
> territory 30-35 years ago. And so on. This statement spells racism.

Ryan Lanham
rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Facebook: Ryan_Lanham
P.O. Box 633