[p2p-research] The problems of debt

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 18:15:02 CEST 2010

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 5:50 PM, Ryan Lanham <rlanham1963 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Money is, in simplest terms, a machine.
>
> It isn't like a machine.  It IS a machine.

I like to see it as "an operating system"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operating_system

where the processing power comes from its use by the ones that have access
to it.

Hence some of us may be interested in building up a/several new , non
proprietary , autonomous yet potentially networked "operating system(s)" :)

A ( network of ) operating system(s) where eventually, as Ryan seems to say,
we can further integrate "moral responsibility" towards others.

I imagine it may be possible to incentivize it through transparency,
including externalities, visualization of interdependencies,
and recognition in support of selfless-actualization,

while also enabling transactions ( shared ) between various modes of
relational dynamics<http://p2pfoundation.net/Relational_Model_Typology_-_Fiske>
,
enabling participating individuals to choose the ( participation or
abstention in the ) transfer of resources from one relational
dynamic<http://p2pfoundation.net/Relational_Model_Typology_-_Fiske>to
another,

enabling participating individuals to choose participation or abstention in
one or more relational dynamics, and in one or more networks of relational
dynamics.

Changing the current quasi monopoly of a coercive, artificially scarce
operating system for interdependency,

into a "mutually inspiring", collaborative network of potentially autonomous
networked operating systems,
where "choice" comes in a networked and emergent way.