[p2p-research] Part 2. How Often Have Sovereign Countries Defaulted in the Past?

magius gmagius at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 02:31:18 CEST 2010

On 2010/7/11 Alex Rollin <alex.rollin at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1.  our conversations on this list re-visit the topic of currency regularly.
>
> 2.  the 'creation' of a currency system between peers is one of the
> most beautiful learning experiences in the world.
>
> 3.  the management of currency systems between peers is one of, if not
> the most, (potentially) complex tasks imaginable.

The next step for the FLOSS Movement is to invent a GNU currency. I
mean not simply a free currency management system (as could be the
opencoin.org project) but something similar of what the GNU/GPL
licence was for software. Imho we need to design a liberatory currency
for a post-scarcity economy. To do that we need more economists than
coders.

magius

PS On 2003 in Italy we tried to invent a system to connect togheter
the liberatory power of basic income with a not-scarce currency based
on Gesell's economic theory. Unfortunately our book is in italian.