[p2p-research] DEBT IS THE constructed PROBLEM AND DEFLATION IS THE reactionary SOLUTION

Ryan Lanham rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 01:01:00 CEST 2010

Sovereignty is an agreement.  That is why it is problematic.  If you agree
to being an American, a Japanese, a Frenchman, etc. you are participating in
a common framework that empowers governments with sovereignty.  In the
British system, the monarch literally embodies sovereignty.  In the US
system, it is "the People."  The People have rights and responsibilities.  A
person cannot simply choose to no longer participate in a sovereign
framework because it leaves huge questions unanswered (e.g. who says you are
an acceptable traveler?)  Who says you will agree to live under certain
laws?

Nations are in fact a commons.  And their currencies are also commons that
have even broader sway.

Every imaginable scheme for money has been tried and tried again.  There is
little likelihood someone will happen upon a scheme that is simple and
fresh.  Innovation takes intense study in very complex frameworks (typically
like science).  That said, I think small currencies and small means of
establishing local value can be beautiful, fun and very fruitful.  I do not
think of them as "money."  Money is a currency, but not all currency is
money.

The rules of money are complex and very formal.  They are typically best
left to the province of states.  Currencies, on the other hand, can be made
and used by anyone from the S&H Green stamp store to the local homeless
shelter.

Ryan

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Patrick Anderson <agnucius at gmail.com>wrote:

> Can anyone in the universe tell me *why* a nation would choose to go
> into massive debt to foreign powers when we (as much as any national
> is "the we") could far more easily take the responsibility of issuance
> upon ourselves?
>
> If 12 of us were abandoned on a deserted island, would would it be
> better for us to issue some sort of currency so we could trade skills,
> or would it be better to rent that money from someone on another
> island?
>
> If peers are going to use alternate currencies, should they issue it
> for themselves, or should the RENT it from someone else?
>
> If We, the Peers choose to RENT our money from someone else, then
> *who* are those other issuers, and how did they become so superior to
> us that they have the right to invent money out of thin air and then
> demand payment for the use of it?
>
> By what authority do international bankers issue currency used by most
> every nation on earth?
>
> I live in the USA.  We have a massive National Debt *ONLY* because we
> have been taken over by foreign powers and so will not issue our own
> currency.
>
> What good does that do?
>
> Those who *do* issue the currency are using those fiat notes to buy
> bonds backed largely by federal lands and other national treasures.
>
> When we finally default on those massive loans, we will have lost
> title to our country to clever thieves that have never done anything
> of value except to trick us out of our sovereignty.
>
> WHY, WHY, WHY!?

Ryan Lanham
rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Facebook: Ryan_Lanham