[p2p-research] Part 2. How Often Have Sovereign Countries Defaulted in the Past?

Alex Rollin alex.rollin at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 00:32:26 CEST 2010

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 12:09 AM, Ryan Lanham <rlanham1963 at gmail.com> wrote:
> All value is an agreement.  That's why markets are essential.  Value cannot
> be mandated.  It can only be agreed.  Money works because it is the perfect
> P2P technology.  Value agreement can be a state function, only so long as
> the state is itself a valid peer amongst other states.  As soon as peer
> status is lost, then value is no longer agreed.

I think this is one of several reasons

1.  our conversations on this list re-visit the topic of currency regularly.

2.  the 'creation' of a currency system between peers is one of the
most beautiful learning experiences in the world.

3.  the management of currency systems between peers is one of, if not
the most, (potentially) complex tasks imaginable.

Today I put together a "P2P Currency Systems" page at
http://p2pfoundation.net/P2P_Currency_Systems.

The content of the page comes from a special "P2P" section on each of
the systems covered.

If you ave ideas about what makes a currency system "P2P" send them over to me.

Alex