[p2p-research] The link between poverty, (de)centralisation and (non)connectivity

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 15:59:48 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 3:40 AM, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:

> as someone alerted me in facebook, poverty is relative to wants and needs, so the statement, we all started from poverty, is problematic (read the original affluent society by marshall sahlins)
>
> also contradictory is that, if we all started everywhere in poverty, it was in fact for most of the time a decentralized poverty, so that seems contradictory,
>
> nevertheless, at this historical conjuncture, I do agree that this is precisely what we need to focus on, without of course, making it a fetish,
>
> Michel

I wonder what Quadir means by: "Poverty is the natural beginning state
of all societies, east or west."

In general I can agree with the criticism that it is not a "natural
beginning state". Yet, I wonder where this is sourced from. It would
be good to see it in context to be sure this is what Quadir actually
meant.

Sam Rose
Future Forward Institute and Forward Foundation
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552
Cel: +1-(517)-974-6451
skype: samuelrose
email: samuel.rose at gmail.com