[p2p-research] threebles currency

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 10:27:02 CEST 2010

fyi: http://www.threebles.com/

Sepp, this strikes me as very interesting, could you possibly look into this
and eventually report on it for the blog?

Triple Bottom Line accounting was invented to try to get at the real costs
of business which are often externalized in the normal economy. Instead of
internalizing the complexity and attempting to account for all such external
effects, we suggest another approach. Set up external feedback loops for
people and planetary impacts then create a financial consequences by
effecting their cost and availability of money.

Threebles (from 3ble - Triple Bottom Line Economics) are a currency which
incorporates a triple-credit-rating so Social, Natural and Financial Capital
can all be included in the function of money. Threebles are being launched
through local trade exchanges in networks of businesses who are socially or
environmentally responsible. Contact us
<http://www.threebles.com/contact>to bring Threebles to your
community.