[p2p-research] Fwd: July Issue of OSBR Available

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 12:43:46 CEST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dru Lavigne <dru at osbr.ca>
Date: Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 10:01 PM
Subject: July Issue of OSBR Available
To: Dru Lavigne <dru at osbr.ca>

Readers:

The July issue of the OSBR is now available in PDF  and HTML  formats. The
editorial theme this month is "Go to Market" and the authors include:

Corien Kershey, a partner in Marketing Magnitude, discusses the importance
of market segmentation to early-stage companies.

Fred Holahan, Founder and President of Open Source Advisory, outlines a
volume market strategy to help commercial open source companies bring their
products and service to market.

Susan Riekki-Odle, Founder and President of ChannelGain, highlights the
role of ecosystem analysis, economic modeling, and creative go-to-market
development in creating successful partnership strategies.

Craig Fitzpatrick, Vice President of Products at SWIX, describes how open
source, community-based software projects can improve product-market fit by
integrating users into the development process.

Thomas Prowse, a partner in Gowlings' business law department, answers the
question "what business models are currently used with open source
software?"

Please note that I'll be stepping down as Managing Editor in order to start
a new position as the Director of Community Development for the PC-BSD
project. I'm pleased to announce that Chris McPhee will be taking over the
helm of the OSBR. Chris' previous experience in management, design, and
editorial roles will serve him well in his new role of Managing Editor.
Having worked closely with him over the past few months, I'm confident that
his sharp attention to detail, sense of humour, and eagerness to expand his
knowledge of open source issues will ensure that the OSBR continues to be a
quality and informative resource. Please join me in welcoming Chris to the
OSBR.

It has been a great pleasure to see the steady growth of the OSBR from a
nascent idea to a monthly publication that consistently brings value to its
readership. While I'm looking forward to the challenges of my new position,
I will miss working with the OSBR advisory board, the guest editors, the
authors, and those readers who provide valuable feedback.

The editorial theme for the upcoming August issue of the OSBR is
"Interdisciplinary Lessons" and the guest editor will be Mekki MacAulay.
Submissions are due by July 15--contact chris.mcphee at osbr.ca if you are
interested in a submission.

Thanks for the continuing interest in our work,

Dru Lavigne
Editor, OSBR
http://www.osbr.ca
Open Source Business Resource