[p2p-research] Eating crow on Google Knol re: Jobless Recovery

Mamading Ceesay mamading at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 19:34:00 CEST 2010

On 5 July 2010 12:55, Samuel Rose <samuel.rose at gmail.com> wrote:

> Agreed. There is far more value in retaining this content in Wikipedia
> than deleting it.
>

> Starting back around 2007 after the Political Economies of Peer
> Production in Nottingham, Paul Hartzog, Rick Adler and myself started
> thinking about what it would take to make a "wikipedia version 2",
> which essentially could be a way to connect close to any website into
> a distributed resource. We figured out a way to get halfway there with
> Nearlinking and interwiki links, and the "wiki net"several years ago
> in wiki communities online. It worked technically, but people drifted
> away and largely lost interest culturally. I think mostly because the
> "wiki net" simply took too much work to sustain over time. The
> approach needs automation and a sound distributed architecture.

Speaking as someone who got involved with WikiLinks years ago at the
behest of Lion Kimbro, I totally agree.

I'm starting to get interested in Application Wikis again, with a
particular interest in TiddlyWeb having used TiddlyWiki in the past.
What attracts me to TiddlyWeb is being able to extend it with
Python-based plugins.

--
Regards,
Mamading Ceesay

London Creative Labs: http://londoncreativelabs.com

Facilitation Camp is the place to be in August
http://facilitationcamp.eventbrite.com/

Will you be at Social Startup Labs on 23rd July?
Sign up at http://socialstartuplabs.com

Follow us on Facebook/Twitter and/or follow me on Twitter to find out more:
http://facebook.com/LondonCreativeLabs
http://twitter.com/LonCreativeLabs
http://twitter.com/evangineer