[p2p-research] defining a (programming) language/annotation system ?

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 17:01:47 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Dante-Gabryell Monson
<dante.monson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 3:01 PM, Samuel Rose <samuel.rose at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 8:38 AM, Dante-Gabryell Monson
>> <dante.monson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Thanks Sam !
>> > Can we create a form of representation/annotation which can also be used
>> > as
>> > a programming language ?
>>

>> annotation cannot be used as a programming language. However, a
>> programming language could possibly use annotations applied, depending
>> on how the system is architected.
>
> Thanks Sam.
> I m in a learning process, and you are all helping me in it.
> I may be making up my own definitions, and re-inventing what already may
> exist,
> so I ll try to give better terms to explain what I currently visualize in
> relation to a p2p system for everyone to become their own economist :)
> http://cashwiki.org/en/A_Financial_Programming_Language
>

>> > Hence would there be an existing programming language that would be most
>> > suitable to express the objects and processes used ?
>>
>> Any "Turing Complete" programming language could work to do the basic
>> processes that make up computation. It is best to create an abstract
>> of "objects and processes" which can then be implemented in any
>> existing or future programming language.
>
> When I think about it I imagine it as the "computation" to be the "users"
> themselves.
> I also imagine that it is emergent as the "users" self program the system,
> as they code in transactions and architectures for transactions, and choose
> to network or not such systems ( or create conditions for access to
> networked architectures and interdependent transaction systems )
> An operating system, not for a computer, but for interdependent systems of
> users.
> Various layers :
> A network of computers using computer computation needed for the storing and
> handling of the data ( the coded architectures, the set transactions, the
> accredited transactions, the added metadata, etc ... )  making it
> visible/accessible to all users.
> It is only in addition to this that other tools can be used,
> tools which themselves can be represented ( annotated ? ) in a certain way.
> Tools that can offer extensions then eventually simulate/compute by building
> on available data, either as a "engine" used by users ( for example a p2p
> clearing tool such as ripple ? or a f2f tool ? ) , either itself as a "user"
> of the system ( agent based computing as virtual users ? ).
> Calculations for all transactions ( computing ), clearing, etc could be done
> in a distributed way,
> but would only be subtools.
> ----
> Hence the easiest way of looking at it, could be to imagine the creation of
> a board game,
> which facilitates users to make choices for the requests and offers they are
> [...]

What you have in mind is what we are now working on in Forward
Foundation/FFI, which is a way to create working models of the various
logics and dynamics of human interaction. Everything we've published
so far is a piece of the puzzle, and there are more coming, with a
large tying-together to follow.

If people want us to publish our work on this faster, we recommend
that they can donate to us (paypal: samuel.rose at gmail.com )  so that
we can dedicate more time and development cycles in the short-term
future to creating this work and releasing it under an open license
(both software and theory).

Sam Rose
Future Forward Institute and Forward Foundation
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552
Cel: +1-(517)-974-6451
skype: samuelrose
email: samuel.rose at gmail.com