[p2p-research] Inaugural Open Infrastructures Conference

Suresh Fernando suresh at radical-inclusion.com
Sat Jan 30 03:14:48 CET 2010

Hey Phoebe,

Sam, Michel and I have had some very preliminary discussion about having an
annual (or semi-annual) Open Infrastructure Event in conjunction with the
Open Infrastructures Report that has been discussed by us.

It would be cool to do something with you and your group again as we all had
a great time in November!

Doing something in conjunction with the Film Cooperative is certainly a
possibility that would add an interesting element to the mix.

Would you be able to provide free space at Salford and help with logistics
and coordination from that end?

If we are going to do this again, I think that the plan should also be to
take things up a level. Do a 2-day event that also has a virtual component.

I would like to see:

   - Theme: something like: *'Developing Open Models for Positive Social
   Change'*
   - Sector Focus: Open Manufacturing
   - Models: Commons models, other innovations
   - Technology Infrastructure: discussion of infrastructure that supports
   open environments
   - Funding and Capacity Building Strategies: we could use this as an
   opportunity to invite some of the social venture funders to the party!

What do all of you think?

Suresh