[p2p-research] First International Conference on Accessible Digital Manufacturing Technology and Design

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 08:04:33 CET 2010

   Bryan Bishop <kanzure at gmail.com> Jan 19 10:00AM -0600
^<?ui=2&view=bsp&ver=1qygpcgurkovy#1264b90d11c98928_digest_top>

   Where are our Brazilian friends?

   http://fabbaloo.com/blog/2010/1/18/nextfab-conference-brewing.html

   """
   We received a message from folks organizing a new conference
   tentatively titled the "First International Conference on Accessible
   Digital Manufacturing Technology and Design" to be held in Campinas,
   Sao Paulo, Brazil in 2010. While the conference's title is not yet
   written in stone, their objectives are:

   "NextFab Organization and the Brazilian government's Renato Archer
   Center for Digital Technologies are planning a conference on
   open-source and/or affordable digital manufacturing technologies -
   including Fab at Home, RepRap, hobby CNC, Blender, etc. - to be held in
   2010. The goal is to bring together users, developers, and producers
   of these technologies to share ideas for new applications and
   technical advances, learn about the latest software and hardware
   systems, and discuss and develop future direction."

   They've issued an online survey for potential attendees, and we ask
   readers to consider responding. Among the questions are the usual
   conference logistics and configuration and also a call for papers and
   workshops.
   """

   survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/725Q8KC

   - Bryan