[p2p-research] [OK] Why you never see people complaining about "knowledge overload"...

Suresh Fernando suresh at radical-inclusion.com
Sun Jan 24 02:16:32 CET 2010

Sam,

This is an interesting post - finally had the time to properly read and
reflect. Interestingly, this chap argues that blogging is dying:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2009/jun/24/charles-arthur-blogging-twitter?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Quite possibly for the reasons that you suggest.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I also think that eventually Twitter
volumes will peak and subside. Twittering, quite frankly, does not add as
much value as it is perceived to add in my opinion. I also believe that
Twitter 'influence' is overrated. People become visible in 'Twitter
space'... but so what. Its value moving forward will revolve around its real
time capacity to enable people to be on the pulse, so to speak. I don't
however, believe that everyone will start Twittering furiously.

*It's great that you raise the issue of the function of information.*

That you say the following is great, and is closely aligned with the OK
philosophy because, in my view, you proposing a *relational paradigm*.

This means that you could make one “post” to the internet in your
entire life, that synthesizies valuable information into actual
knowledge, and that it could then exist as a re-usable knowledge
resource towards theory building and actual problem solving for years
to come. This ONE “post” existing as information digested, understood,
and synthesized into knowledge, could be more valuable than all of the
information-relaying blog posts that you make in your entire life.

You are asking us to consider the value of what we create and how it fits
into a larger picture. The Ecosystem view and the associated mapping process
views the world the same way; *as a set of relations. *

We are starting with the view that we are connected to each other and asking
people to reflect on the nature of those relationships. We believe that in
starting to think of our personal projects as necessarily interdependent
with others, that we can be more effective in advancing our own projects.

Suresh

Suresh Fernando
WEBSITE: http://radical-inclusion.com
WEBSITE: http://openkollab.com