[p2p-research] [OK] Forward Foundation Distributed Manufacturing Networked Economic Development

Suresh Fernando suresh at radical-inclusion.com
Sat Jan 23 21:11:06 CET 2010

Hi Paola,

Not to worry, I wasn't considering doing a 'soupish' paper ;-) I can
definitely synthesize into a singular thesis.

Although OpenKollab is very focused on innovative models and aims to be a
contributory to positive social change, we don't at this time, have a formal
research strategy. We hope to in due course and are talking to a few
academics trying to figure out the best model for bridging with the academic
community.

Currently our focus is on developing actual projects and actionable models
such as what we are aiming to do with the Ecosystem Modeling. So, from a
research perspective, what I am able to do is present the work that we are
doing as we roll out the model. What that would exactly amount to is unclear
just due to the pace at which things evolve.

As for the financial bit. It just so happens that altruism doesn't pay all
that well, and hence my personal financial circumstances require that I need
funding to present at conferences. I am currently scheduled to present at
conferences in March, April, May and possibly June. Not all of these have
been funded which puts me personally in a tight spot.

Your event sounds very exciting and I'd love to contribute. Let me know if
there is any way you can cover/subsidize costs.

If not, we could always consider my presenting virtually. I am not sure if
you have any experience with that, but I wear another hat .I also work with
a team of consultants who focus on virtual strategy; a group called Radical
Inclusion. <http://radical-inclusion.com/> We have done various virtual
events and could certainly help out with this aspect.

Let me know what you think.

Suresh