[p2p-research] Senegal offers free land to Haitians

Ryan rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 18:34:55 CET 2010

  Sent to you by Ryan via Google Reader: Senegal offers free land to
Haitians via AMERICAblog News by Chris in Paris on 1/17/10
This is not an offer you see every day.Senegal's octogenarian President
Abdoulaye Wade told a meeting of his advisers that Haitians are the
sons and daughters of Africa, because the country was founded by
slaves, including some believed to have come from Senegal.

"The president is offering voluntary repatriation to any Haitian that
wants to return to their origin," said Wade's spokesman Mamadou Bemba
Ndiaye late Saturday following the president's announcement.

"Senegal is ready to offer them parcels of land — even an entire
region. It all depends on how many Haitians come. If it's just a few
individuals, then we will likely offer them housing or small pieces of
land. If they come en masse we are ready to give them a region," he
said.

Things you can do from here:
- Subscribe to AMERICAblog News using Google Reader
favorite sites