[p2p-research] lightfoot book sharing ?

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 08:03:07 CET 2010

Hi Andy,

the price for a copy is exactly one bath, one fifthieth of a euro, and they
give you a very well bounded book for that price, it's really amazing,

but I would suggest it's not just the markup, but essentially the price of
labour, the personnel would typically have a salary of about $200 per month,
most often less, rarely more

students would be middle class, but even middle class families earn a lot
less than you would expect, and some universities, like mine, are very cheap
and quite 'working class'; under thaksin, schemes like 1 million
scholarships also expanded opportunities greatly to 'lower' strata ...

lower middle class students generally do not have their own computers, but
the university has huge rooms full of computers, and cybercafes abound on
nearly every street ...

but they use it for gaming, social networking, not for reading textbooks,
paper is still king,

Michel