[p2p-research] [OK] Philosophical Underpinnings of the Importance of Collaboration

Suresh Fernando suresh at radical-inclusion.com
Tue Jan 12 19:17:04 CET 2010

Lucy,

Thanks for the post. My knowledge of ST is rudimentary at best....

In service of the larger objectives of OK (to connect projects to solve
massive social problems), we are interested in exploring all processes that
might contribute to this.

I'm sure it comes as no surprise that the challenge is not what tools and
infrastructure to build, but how to get people to work together towards
common ends.

We have an evolving notion of an
ecosystem<http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0ASJ9wl9qbZEzZGM0Z2Jnc2pfMTQ4MG5zNjNmY2Rw&hl=en>,
which is obviously a form of a system. If you feel that your research can
contribute to our 'systems' thinking approach and/or can help contribute to
solving interaction problems and foster increased collaboration, then we
encourage you to share your research and to engage.

FYI, research and intelligence will be a part of the longer term strategy
for OK. As you might have seen, we are co-authoring a publication with the
P2P Foundation and the Forward Foundation. We are initially going to be
selective about participation in this project, but it might be opened up as
we move forward.

Regardless, there should be opportunity to make your work visible via OK and
related channels if that's of interest.

Suresh