[p2p-research] OSS did not create any substantial number of jobs in the IT-sector.

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 14:23:56 CET 2010

I wonder, though, how many people F/LOSS enabled to become independently
employed? Wonder how many business were able to grow substantially because
of the common pool resources of F/LOSS?

Whenever I see an analysis (of any type) that is focusing on "job creation",
I *know* I am only looking at a small fraction of the real economic story.
You need to take into account independent/small business, which likely sees
millions, or even billions worldwide in direct revenue generation from
F/LOSS.

Sam Rose
Social Synergy
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552
Cel: +1-(517)-974-6451
skype: samuelrose
email: samuel.rose at gmail.com
http://socialsynergyweb.com
http://forwardfound.org
http://socialsynergyweb.org/culturing
http://flowsbook.panarchy.com/
http://socialmediaclassroom.com
http://localfoodsystems.org
http://notanemployee.net
http://communitywiki.org

"The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition."
- Carl Sagan