[p2p-research] [ME-09] [OK] Philosophical Underpinnings of the Importance of Collaboration

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 06:00:10 CET 2010

are you familiar with critical realism .. the only tenable form of realism I
think .. worth investigating ...

my opinion is that a focus on the commonality of values around concrete
objectives is a sufficient condition for joint approaches, independently of
the full metaphysics of the persons involved ..

I would also like to choose to see moral realism and moral relativism as
polarities ... it's not difficult to see widely contradictory moral values
and opinions (gay marriage comes to mind as an example, or honour killings,
in some countries it's morally acceptable to attack unfaithful women with
acid, in thailand it's morally acceptable for females to cut male genitalia
of unfaithful husbands), while it is also possible to come to certain moral
agreements across cultures and civilisations; holding on to both the
universal and particular, to the common and to the individual, seems to be
the challenge.