[p2p-research] Synthesis of Complexity Theory

Ryan rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 01:12:49 CET 2010

  Sent to you by Ryan via Google Reader: Synthesis of Complexity Theory
via The Emergent Fool by Rafe Furst on 1/11/10

As careful readers of this blog will note, I’ve been obsessed with Alex
Ryan’s visualization of the way new levels of organization come into
being (e.g. atoms –> molecules –> cells, etc). In an attempt to
complement and extend his model, here’s a visualization of how I think
of the various concepts coming together:

First off, I know that this may not make sense to most people. The
relationships implied by proximity, color, dimension, etc are not
totally accurate. The problem is, I’ve reached the limit of my personal
ability to create a good visualization. So I’m throwing this out there
half-baked hoping that the crowd (that’s you) will help bring this
together in a more coherent way.

I’m especially interested in hearing from people who have great design
skills. If you don’t, then at the least you can ask probing questions
to suss out the sources of confusion, which will then feed into the
redesign process.

A more detailed explication of these concepts can be found by drilling
down through this roadmap.

Related posts:
- Complex Systems Concept Summary
- Generalized Evolutionary Theory
- Economics Must Reflect Complexity

Things you can do from here:
- Subscribe to The Emergent Fool using Google Reader
favorite sites