[p2p-research] a new funding mechanism for useful online services

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 04:11:12 CET 2010

a 32 hour working week would certainly make sense for physical labour, and
routine white collar jobs, but for knowledge workers like us, I'm not sure
it makes a lot of sense,

politically, the last reform in that sense, in France, is dead in the water,
it doesn't have broad popular support ...

so, how do you see it happening in the U.S., where the work ethic overshoots
even more?

interesting in europe are the many measures for work and life transition,
which allow people to take one or two year's off, in the mode of
sabbaticals,

the measure is invisible but does wonders for those who choose it, it's a
great factor of personal happiness

Michel