[p2p-research] [ME-09] Re: Mapping the Open Manufacturing Ecosystem

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 07:37:18 CET 2010

Dear Erik,

This is a great list,

of course, I would be equally interested in updates both of the list below,
and on the entries themselves, I'd be happy to update the raw material
myself, if you send the material by email. Do you have entry rights to our
wiki

So, the list we have on open production machinery via
http://p2pfoundation.net/Product_Hacking#Production.2FMachinery,

is:

Production/Machinery

   1. Callooh <http://p2pfoundation.net/Callooh>, A free hardware CNC router
   project
   2. Clanking Replicator Project <http://www.3dreplicators.com/> is a
   bootstrap 3D printer that can make you pretty much anything that can be made
   from plastic
   3. Desktop CNC router <http://oomlout.com/cnc1.html> - A three axis cnc
   machine that can be easily built using standard, home handyman level, tools.

   4. Fabaroni <http://fab.cba.mit.edu/classes/MIT/863.07/11.05/fabaroni/>is
a homemade 3D printer
   5. Fab at Home <http://p2pfoundation.net/Fab@Home>: a project dedicated to
   making and using fabbers - machines that can make almost anything, right on
   your desktop
   6. MAS863<http://fab.cba.mit.edu/classes/MIT/863.07/11.05/3Dscanner_2/MAS863_scanner.html>-
a simple home 3D scanner
   7. The micRo universal fabricator <http://lumenlab.com/d/micro> is a
   unique system which can be used for both additive (printing) and subtractive
   (milling, cutting) fabrication. It is a precise, modular tool which allows
   you to create complex objects out of wood, metal, plastic and more.
From: Lumen
   Lab <http://lumenlab.com/>
   8. Makerbot <http://p2pfoundation.net/Makerbot>, a project of
RepRap<http://p2pfoundation.net/RepRap>
   9. Microfactories<http://p2pfoundation.net/Product_Hacking?title=Microfactories&action=edit&redlink=1>,
   like oomlout's wire cutting system
[22]<http://blog.thingiverse.com/2009/02/11/new-year-new-things/>
   10. Multimachine <http://p2pfoundation.net/Multimachine>, all-purpose
   machine tool, an example of Multiple-Purpose Production
Technology<http://p2pfoundation.net/Multiple-Purpose_Production_Technology>
   11. Open Automation Project <http://oap.sourceforge.net/> engineers
   modular software and electronic components, from which it is possible to
   assemble an intelligent PC-based mobile robot suitable for home or office
   environments.
   12. Open 3DP <http://p2pfoundation.net/Open_3DP>
   13. Open Source CNC Milling
Machine<http://p2pfoundation.net/Open_Source_CNC_Milling_Machine>
   14. Open Source CNC
Systems<http://p2pfoundation.net/Product_Hacking?title=Open_Source_CNC_Systems&action=edit&redlink=1>
   15. Open Source Machine <http://opensourcemachine.org/> - Home of The
   MultiMachine, an all-purpose machine tool that can be built by a
   semi-skilled mechanic with just common hand tools.
   16. RepRap <http://reprap.org/> - Replicating Rapid-prototyper is a
   self-copying 3D printer - a self-replicating machine.
   17. RepTab <http://p2pfoundation.net/RepTab>: a CNC plasma torch table
   (cuts through steel), by Open Source
Ecology<http://p2pfoundation.net/Open_Source_Ecology>
   18. Ronen Kadushin Open
Design<http://p2pfoundation.net/Ronen_Kadushin_Open_Design>- a
practical repository of physical shape algorithms