[p2p-research] Millions of Health Freedom Fighters - Newsletter

Ryan Lanham rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 14:30:27 CET 2010

On 1/6/10, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> I didn't go into the details, it's a forward by Sepp,
>
> however, I did quickly check the bolen site and then the documentary he
> recommended on the gerson cancer therapy, and that shows the background of
> his critique
>
> the gerson therapy has cured scores of peoplee, there are many witnesses
> and in one Japanese clinic, careful statistics show a cure rate of 50% which
> is apparently high for cancer,
>
> what the healthcare articles do in Wikipedia, is to faithfully represent
> only the mainstream, and whether we agree with it or not, the failure to
> represent non-mainstream points of view is a problem, and a valid critique

The problem of legitimacy is always going to haunt P2P.  One of the core
elements of institutions is legitimacy granting.  Think about PhDs...it
isn't a knowledge.  It isn't a skill...it is a grant of legitimacy.
Institutions do it.  Individuals cannot.  It is the institution of Wikipedia
which has justifiably gained legitimacy for being factual.  Many attempted
to undermine it (I'm sure some still do).  It is a threat because all knew
legitimate knowledge sources are threats to existing institutions which
command their taxes and fees by reinforcing their own legitimacy.

Ryan