[p2p-research] a new funding mechanism for useful online services

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 16:39:34 CET 2010

you are right that old forms, even as they loose their dominance as core
logic of the system, can perdure for hundreds, if not thousands of years, in
habits and remnants of institutions ... as you perhaps suggest, Rome is
still alive through the Catholic Church, in that sense yes indeed,
capitalism will survive as long as people are willing to make money without
taking into account social and ecological externalities, in that sense, it's
a state of consciousness; the new state of consciousness, centered around
sharing, the commons, peer to peer ethics, is now emerging, and will
profoundly change the other modalities that still exist, such as the market,
the state, etc... They will exist, but modified by the new chaotic
attractor,

Michel