[p2p-research] Fwd: Planetary Forum

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 16:05:18 CET 2010

Thanks for that info, I'll be happy to let our p2p community know of any of
the milestones you achieve in this project,

From: elf Pavlik <perpetual-tripper at wwelves.org>
Date: Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 9:06 PM
Subject: Planetary Forum
To: Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com>

Hi Michel,

I didn't know you don't receive any of those mailing lists. Here I send
a copy of an email I have send tho them about concept of "Planetary
Forum"

----

Hello fellow Human Beings =)

With quite an excitement I would like to share with you and idea that
came to me last night. Actually I have already done some thinking in
this direction a while ago but now I think it have ripen and the time to
put it into life seams right as well!

Please feel officially invited to join the "Planetary Forum" which I
like to compare to the mythical concept of 'the round table' just thanks
to our current technology with a 'seat' for every single human being
interested in participation. Please also feel free and even encouraged
to invite all the people you know for participation and creating it.

I have just started putting some information at:
https://we.riseup.net/planetary-forum
Please join the group if you would like with helping this structure to
emerge.

We can also think of it as a replacement for currently still existing
governments which I believe already face very rapid obsolescence. In a
"Planetary Forum" everyone have right to speak and vote on all the
subjects that one feels related to. To create it we will use existing
technology, mostly internet, and keep it in decentralized distributed
way. I would prefer us to put big emphasis on meeting in person in
groups from 2 to hundreds or thousands of people and just use technology
to digitally share real live sessions with all other people
interested.

I would also like to try as soon as possible, approach my upcoming
meetings with students related to World Peace Game as a Planetary Forum
sessions. And by doing that support development of infrastructure which
we can use for discussing and making decisions on all the issues of our
common interest.

I hope you don't mind that I share this with you so fresh and still
continuously and rapidly emerging but I hope you will get excited as
much as I did and we will all join together to accomplish this work!

Please send me your feedback or even better use the group at:
https://we.riseup.net/planetary-forum

Thank you and hopefully see you during "Planetary Forum" sessions,
and after sessions of course!;)
elf Pavlik