[p2p-research] Fwd: What information systems are defined as "money/currency" ? Re: [tsolife-disc] elf Pavlik goes for an EuroTrip ...

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 03:20:14 CET 2010

One more forward from Dante.

Please note, thanks Sepp!, a new entry on Silvio Gesell, at
http://p2pfoundation.net/Silvio_Gesell

with links to explanations on how design actually affects money.

Dante: If David is interested in knowing about how open money actually
fundamentally differs from the current based system, see
http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:Money

see the intro articles:

 Introduction

The P2P Foundation supports the direct social production of money, such as
for example through Open Money <http://p2pfoundation.net/Open_Money> and
other P2P Exchange Infrastructure
Projects<http://p2pfoundation.net/P2P_Exchange_Infrastructure_Projects>systems.
This marvellous presentation by Robin
Upton <http://www.altruists.org/f598> explains how this can work.

Key distinctions: Currencies <http://p2pfoundation.net/Currencies> ; Free
Currencies <http://p2pfoundation.net/Free_Currencies> ;
Wealth<http://p2pfoundation.net/Wealth>

For starters, read Eric Harris-Braun key argument: Why Monetary Design is
Important <http://p2pfoundation.net/Why_Monetary_Design_is_Important>

*Introductory Articles*

   1. Read this excellent introduction to the negative role of
   interest-based money by Charles
Eisenstein<http://www.realitysandwich.com/money_a_new_beginning>
   2. Best current report on the topic: Creating New
Money<http://p2pfoundation.net/Creating_New_Money>:
   A monetary reform for the information age. By Joseph Huber & James
   Robertson. New Economics Foundation
   3. Arthur Brock: Differences between Open Source and Open
Currencies<http://p2pfoundation.net/Differences_between_Open_Source_and_Open_Currencies>
   4. Kevin Carson introduces the Peer
Money<http://p2pfoundation.net/Peer_Money>debates
   5. Michel Bauwens on the Importance of Peer
Money<http://p2pfoundation.net/Michel_Bauwens_on_the_Importance_of_Peer_Money>
   6. *Alan Rosenblith: We need P2P Architectures for
Money<http://p2pfoundation.net/P2P_Architectures_for_Money>
   !!*

*Hot Topics:*

   1. The historical experience of the Worgl
Shillings<http://p2pfoundation.net/Worgl_Shillings>
   2. WIR Economic Circle
Cooperative<http://p2pfoundation.net/WIR_Economic_Circle_Cooperative>:
   this 70-old Swiss mutual credit clearing system is getting traction as a
   model for the rest of Europe
   3. The creation of the Open Source Hardware Reserve
Bank<http://p2pfoundation.net/Open_Source_Hardware_Reserve_Bank>.
   Details here<http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/the-economics-of-open-source-hardware-need-a-oshw-bank/2009/03/14>