[p2p-research] Stabilizing Growth through Negative Feedback (was: User Freedom and the Purpose of Profit)

Patrick Anderson agnucius at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 21:05:06 CET 2010

Samuel Rose wrote:

> It also assumes that people will *not* want a plurality of ways with
> which to come to agreement around making, sharing, using resources. It
> assumes they will want one way.

I agree an 'absolute' position closes off many potential routes and
collaborations.

It is important to keep the 'design' separate from the
'implementation' so we can work toward and hope to achieve
*perfection* in design, while allowing for a much broader, more
inclusive, and yes, even less 'correct' implementations that are not
perfect, but are at least slightly functional.

I mentioned this at:
http://listcultures.org/pipermail/p2presearch_listcultures.org/2010-February/007480.html
"'
The way I describe it seems nit-picking.  I was trying to be
exact in my explanation, but we could lighten-up on the precision to
begin such ecosystems in prototype .

We could loosen in our implementations by investing only a small % of
the Profit for the Payer while paying-out the rest to various
participants, including the traditional VC investors and of course the
Workers.

This could allow us to begin as a hybrid corporation similar to what
Suresh and others are working toward.
'"