[p2p-research] [Commoning] Am I missing any commons?

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 11:20:47 CET 2010

Massimo, the p2p people that I know, are all precarious and very well aware
of the p2p dependencies, and most of them are very active in building the
necessary new infrastructures, based on different social relations ... of
course, most of them may not be shouting against capitalism in rallies, but
their contributions are just as crucial; most of them are immensely more
grounded and embodied than old style activists ...

as for creating broad alliances by harping on class, good luck with that,
but I have seen scant evidence of that working, except in the phone booths
where the trots are arguing about the right path ... I see more value and
strength in the internetworking of all the initiatives that are already
creating the world of tomorrow, (of course, we talk about class, but it is
counterproductive to frame it totally in such a way)

you will note that at least in the work of the p2p foundation, p2p is NOT
about cyberspace, but about the knowledge, code and design commons that
intersect with concrete physical communities and their real needs