[p2p-research] Fwd: ZNet Daily Commentary: Climate and Political Tipping Points By Ted Glick

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 06:45:26 CET 2010

Hi Kevin,

is this something you can discuss on our blog,

are your sources Eisler/Gambutas, or others?

are you familiar with saharasia of demeo, see

http://www.orgonelab.org/saharasia.htm

James DeMeo's *Saharasia* is the largest and most in-depth scholarly study
on human behavior and social violence around the world which has ever been
undertaken. The findings summarized in Prof. DeMeo's book cover the entire
globe, from early prehistory into modern times, integrating on world-maps a
full sweep of standard research data from the fields of archaeology and
history, plus an in-depth cross-cultural review and mapping of data from
over 1000 distinctly different human societies, from standard
anthropological data bases. It employed standard cross-cultural correlation
tables on over 60 different variables, plus geographical mapping and *quadruple
blind* research procedures to insure objectivity, and all the basic starting
assumptions are clearly elucidated in advance. The work also incorporates
his own personal field research in the deserts of the Middle East and
Southwestern USA. No great knowledge of maths or scientific methods is
required to follow the logic and research to their conclusions, though the
book is clearly written for scholars. An early period of generally peaceful
social conditions is documented in prehistory, but with a major shift
towards patriarchal-authoritarian and decidedly violent social conditions
across the Saharasian region after a major climate-shift from wet
grassland-forest conditions towards harsh desert conditions at c.5000-4000
BC. Major epochs of cultural diffusion are also presented on maps, showing
how violent patriarchal authoritarian, sex-repressive and child-abusive
behaviors were carried outward from their Saharasian origins to nearly every
corner of the globe. It presents previously-unknown geographical patterns in
dozens of different human behaviors, beliefs and social institutions
representative of human violence and warlike aggression, such as slavery,
castes, genital mutilations and a low women's status. The findings have been
praised by many, published in scientific journals and magazines, cited
repeatedly, but in largest measure have been willfully censored out of the
discussion by most within the editorial power-circles of modern academics
and mainstream journalism, which continues to embrace the flawed and
disproven theories of "violent genes" or other "original sin" concepts. None
of those theories, nor anything like them, can stand in the face of the new
evidence presented in Prof. DeMeo's *Saharasia*.