[p2p-research] bio is tech bk

Ryan Lanham rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 15:14:53 CET 2010

On 2/22/10, Ryan Lanham <rlanham1963 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/22/10, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> hi ryan,
>>
>> what you say is in line with the low treshold conditions for peer
>> production to occur ... what's your take on security issues?
>>
>> say, cooking up a deadly virus?
>>
>> Michel
>>

> Hi Michel,
>
> Now that genomes of cancers are being published, and research is moving to
> the public domain, it is feasible to actually be an anti-cancer hobbiest if
> you are as committed as, say, someone who would invent their own Arduino
> system.

Michel,

Not sure if this topic has ever been fully covered:  The transition from
hobbiest to P2P producer.  What is that transition?  Are there stages?  What
distinguishes one from the other, etc.  In other words, how does a Sam Rose
come to evolve?  If we could understand that, we could produce/encourage
more such people to go from Make Faires to P2P makers.

Ryan