[p2p-research] does the south need internet?

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 06:50:18 CET 2010

Hi Frederick,

I wonder if you had any info on this:'
- Intellectuals like
*Govindan Parayil (The Digital Divide and Increasing Returns: Contradictions
of Information Capitalism*) suggest the global threats of doing nothing, and
the more practical and immense efforts of development giants such as Sam
Pitroda (instrumental in creating India’s National Knowledge Commission
amongst many other ICT4D initiatives) show us how to do this on the large
scales that are necessary in our rapidly changing world (some think these
changes lead to more threats than opportunities). But will we follow their
leads?

text