[p2p-research] conditions for successfull resilience

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 00:46:41 CET 2010

On 2/14/10, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> really interesting contribution, on these 2 contrasting ways, which reminds
> me of the polarity between panoptism and holoptism ...
>
> I hope you can contribute this to the blog?
>
> but as you are indicating yourself, this shift won't be easy and may take
> time ...
>
> if you'd live here in east asia (think about the milk scandals), you'd
> notice that these peer models have absolutely broken down under contemporary
> capitalist conditions, and without regulatory oversight, thousands of people
> are routinely poisoned and harmed in multiple ways ..
>
> physical p2p doesn't work under conditions of communal breakdown, but our
> new digital practices show a way forward,
>
> in your blog contribution, I would love if you could address this aspect as
> well, i.e. how to restore this dynamic?

Thanks, Michel.  I'll try to put something together.  I agree that
crowding out is a real problem.  But people are very resilient when it
comes to adapting in the face of necessity, IMO.  The most important
thing is to remove the state-enforced obstacles to doing so.

--
Kevin Carson
Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism