[p2p-research] Fwd: [fcf_discussion] anti-trust and level playing field

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 12:25:32 CET 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Wouter Tebbens <wouter at freeknowledge.eu>
Date: Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 11:29 PM
Subject: [fcf_discussion] anti-trust and level playing field
To: "simona.conservas.eXgae" <info at conservas.tk>,
fcforum_discussion at list.fcforum.net

Dear Simona and all,

with respect to version 2.0 we might want to think about strengthening our
position on anti-trust and for establishing a level playing field.

As you might have read in the summary the FKI recently published as "Ten
Points For Change", we have distilled ten main points from the charter and
wrote that page from it:
http://freeknowledge.eu/10-points-for-change

Although the concepts "anti-trust" and "level playing field" are mentioned
in the charter, these demands could be presented broader and stronger. In
the Ten Points For Change we presented it as the 10th point:

"10. anti-trust: avoid monopolies and reduce dominant market forces

Encourage free competition and diversity by implementing strong anti-trust
legislation against monopolies and market dominance. We strive for a level
playing field where many more cultural entrepreneurs than nowadays can earn
a decent income. Instead of a small number of bestsellers, a much larger
number and variety of wellsellers can thrive when market dominance is
limited."

I look forward to your ideas to develop this point further.

best regards,

--
Wouter Tebbens
--