[p2p-research] John Ackermann's paper on hardware licensing. To date it is the definitive analysis.

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 10:22:51 CET 2010

http://www.febo.com/law/Ackermann_Open_Source_Hardware_Article_2009.pdf

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jeremy Bennett <jeremy.bennett at embecosm.com>
Date: Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 4:13 PM
Subject: Re: update on osh hardware and license developments?
To: Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com>

Hi Michel,

Thanks for picking this up. I'm preparing a paper for the Journal of
Information Law and Technology/European Journal of Law and Technology on
the need for an effective open source license for hardware. That should
be published this autumn.

I've promised an article on my work for EE Times this Spring, which may
be of relevance.

When either of these get published, I'll post you a link.

Have you read John Ackermann's paper on hardware licensing. To date it
is the definitive analysis.

http://www.febo.com/law/Ackermann_Open_Source_Hardware_Article_2009.pdf

I wasn't aware of the P2P Foundation. However you are addressing the key
issue.

       "P2P currently exists in discrete separate movements and
       projects but these different movements are often unaware of the
       common P2P ethos that binds them"

I would subsitute "open source" for "P2P", but the sentiment is the
same.

Best wishes,