[p2p-research] Profit Measures the Payer's lack of Physical Source Ownership

Ryan Lanham rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 19:58:12 CET 2010

On 2/15/10, Ryan Lanham <rlanham1963 at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I can't name a current Marxist...is Stallman one?  I wonder how he would
> answer that.

It occurs to me that you might ask if I am a "Smithian" or "Smithist".
Taking the totality of his work, especially his moral reasoning (which he
thought he'd be remembered for...I would join my acquaintance Gavin Kennedy
in Scotland and proudly proclaim...yes! I am a Smithian.  Am I a
Neo-liberal?  Everytime I hear that term it seems to come with a snear.  So,
I'd say nope.  I get the sense it is like the word nigger--horrible unless
you use it to call someone like yourself the term and they accept you are
like them and there is tacit approval.  William James called himself a
pragmaticist rather than a pragmatist, if I recall properly.  Either of
those suit me if I am to have an epithet, but I would freely admit some of
WJ's writings make him out to be crazy as a loon.  Now, there are (sort-of?)
Marxists who call themselves pragmatists...Richard Rorty???  What do we do
with those?

If someone called someone a P2P'er (?) what would that entail?  Easier or
harder than Marxist to pin down?  Is it a "worldview?"

Ryan

--
Ryan Lanham
rlanham1963 at gmail.com