[p2p-research] [Fwd: Re: ABSOLUTELY VERY IMPORTANT TO WATCH THIS or we...]

Tom Rawlings tom at fluffylogic.net
Mon Feb 15 12:14:56 CET 2010

Email didn't make it the last time!

> I posted it on this site in the video section.
>
> http://p2pfoundation.ning.com/

Hi,

The top video on the list is one by Alex Jones.  I have to say I am
very, very, very wary about anything he puts his name too - he is
convinced there is a conspiracy by the new world order to impose world
government via climate change and considers the UK conspiracy theorist
David Ike a 'visionary'.  David Ike thinks lizards control the world.

This is not the same as saying that corporate interests are not looking
to shape the net for their perceived needs - I don't doubt that all all
- but that discussing such an important via via the rantings of a
paranoid ultra-right-wing conspiracy theorist who has been proved wrong
time and time again seems a bad way to go about it.

I thought that we were aiming for high standards of scholarship, debate
and transparency - Alex Jones represents the opposite; shrill, paranoid
and deceptive politics.

Thanks

--
Tomas

Tomas Rawlings
Development Director, FluffyLogic Development Ltd.
web: www.fluffylogic.net
tel: 0117 9442233
-
Also see:
blog on film & interweb: www.plugincinema.com
blog on p2p, media ecology & evolution: blog.catbot.org
tweet: www.twitter.com/arclightfire