[p2p-research] Fwd: [fcforum] Fw: iPad DRM is a dangerous step backward. Sign the petition!

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 17:45:09 CET 2010

Hi Ryan,

of course you are right that laws are real, but that is exactly what I mean
in fact, that human society adds a layer of reality that is not inherent in
the object itself; because of this social hack, the potential sharing
becomes a crime and innovation and development are impeded. In my view, it
is better to leave abundance be where it occurs (both in culture and in
natural cycles), and to deal with material nature in such a way as we do not
deplete it and leave it liveable for future generations, hence 'reversing
articifial scarcity' and 'reversing pseudo-abundance' in respectively the
immaterial and material spheres.

Though I share your general optimism about the growth of p2p modalities, I
also know they can be molded in the interest of social minorities, and I
believe social and political organizing (not in the sense of parties, but in
the sense of internetworking) are therefore natural adjuncts to the growth
of social practices. But I'm sure the concrete political expressions will be
different from what we've known in industrial societies ... political
parties are no longer proper vehicle ...

My aim with the p2p-f was not to 'lead' but to bring people together in a
dialogic community,

Michel