[p2p-research] Fwd: [fcforum] Fw: iPad DRM is a dangerous step backward. Sign the petition!

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Thu Feb 11 08:33:42 CET 2010

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 15:27:44 PM -0600, Kevin Carson (free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com) wrote:

> Precisely.  Marco is free to get angry about anything he wants.

I don't remember if I already said this, but the part that worries me
the most is that after one week explaining why (regardless of how
wrong or pointless my _conclusions_ are) your analyses are at least
not complete because copyright is about much more than movies and
albums and , all I get is answers about movies and albums:

> It's a simple matter of fact that, DRM or no DRM, new movies and
> albums appear DRM-free on torrent sites the same day they're
> released by the content owners.

But ok, no problem as far as I am concerned. However, just because
something isn't enforceable it doesn't mean it is ALWAYS,
intrinsically wrong. And I am still convinced that ACTA and friends
are really favored by endless discourses of this kind:

> If the near-universality of IP law is one part of the reality Ryan
> appeals to, then so are 1) the relative degree of enforceability of
> such laws, 2) the percentage of the public willing to break them,
> and 3) the resulting limits on prices content owners can charge.

Marco