[p2p-research] Fwd: [fcforum] Fw: iPad DRM is a dangerous step backward. Sign the petition!

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 03:36:37 CET 2010

I think Kevin made it clear in the last email that both he and him are not
unsympathetic to the issues of monetary survival, but rather that we are
convinced that the way foreward in an age of easy digital reproduction, is
not the suppression of the latter, but finding solutions that are based on
this irreducible social fact. Of course, we have to acknowledge that under
current political-economic conditions, these social fact creates a 'crisis
of value' and a crisis of monetization that affects not just just corporate
profiteers, but individual creators.

Humanity is groping for solutions, but the problem can't be wished or
repressed away.

I think Marco's approach is legitimate, asking for removal, and I hope it
works for the author and the publisher. I would probably suffer the same
issue, in my case, I decided to be happy the more my work is spread around,
and aimed to built a career on the secondary services, i.e. through paid
lectures. Needless to say, this has been a rocky and problematic road.

Michel