[p2p-research] bugmenot

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 19:09:19 CET 2010

Does the latest version of Firefox not include a bugmenot plugin?  I
recall earlier versions having it when I right-clicked on a login at
sites that required registration.

I use the Firefox browser to remember my actual passwords, but when I
go to a site I haven't visited since I bought my last computer it's a
pain.  I email myself my passwords for the most important stuff and
save them with a "Passwords" tag, but for news sites it's more bother
than it's worth.

I went to McKinsey Quarterly for the first time in months because an
email article teaser caught my eye, but every attempt at a fake login
email address (eat at me.com, bite at myass.com, etc.) was "already taken."
That ought to tell you how much site registrations are worth for
commercial purposes, and what most users think of them (I'm sure
fuck at you.com is already taken).

--
Kevin Carson
Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism