[p2p-research] the net energy factor and the renewables transition, limits to Fernhout's infinite growth paradigm

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 04:30:17 CET 2010

A interesting reply from Jeff Vail, that remained in my backlog for too
long,

Jeff, thanks for this, I personally agree that only an approach which fully
takes into account externalities, can lead to realistic conclusions,

Both scarcity and abundance have to be maintained in dynamic tension and
'managed together'.

Approaches which only take one polarity in account, fail to see the
complexity of the problem and solution.

I'm wondering what you think of the degrowth movement, could that be
characterized as a 'scarcity-only' approach?

Michel