[p2p-research] Fwd: [fcforum] Fw: iPad DRM is a dangerous step backward. Sign the petition!

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 03:27:49 CET 2010

ok, I see your point, and there's obviously a lot of truth to that. Thailand
for example is so much more american than european, in its adoption of
western influences,

but at the same time, the enduring family structures in Asia, and the choice
for industrious instead of industrial capitalism, both of which function as
a social safety net, and its saving behaviour, make it more european than
asian; despite how it may appear, Asia is a lot more 'social', welfare
oriented as the ruthless U.S. social system ...

some interesting links on comparative civilisations:

http://globalguerrillas.typepad.com/globalguerrillas/2010/01/book-review-the-evolution-of-civilizations.html

but especially this:

- http://club.fom.ru/books/eisenst.pdf

-